What Is Needed For A Demolition Permit
In The City Of Fall River
- 1) Letters from the following utilities:
- Sewer cut-off / Engineering Division: 508-324-2512 - Located on 5th floor of City Hall, Room 531
- Water cut-off / Water Division: 508-324-2320 - Located on 3rd floor of City Hall, Room 308
- Electric Company disconnect: 877-987-2778
- Gas Company disconnect: 508-689-1117
The letters must state that the utilities have been disconnected or that the building being demolished never had any of these connections.
- 2) A letter is needed from the owner (for residential property) or Licensed Asbestos Contractor (for commercial property) that the property doesn’t contain asbestos or the property has been properly abated.
- 3) All commercial buildings must file necessary forms with MA DEP copies must be provided to the building department. Click here to visit the MA DEP website.
- 4) A Dig-Safe number must be obtained.
Dig-Safe can be reached at 1-888-DIG-SAFE (1-888-344-7233)
- 5) The homeowner of an owner occupied 1 to 3 family or its accessory buildings can obtain the demolition permit in their name. Any larger residential building or any commercial building - the demolition permit must be obtained by a licensed contractor, architect or engineer.
- 6) Notify the Plumbing Division of the proposed Demolition. (508-324-2571)
- 7) Police Department (508-676-8511) must be contacted if a police detail is needed, Fire Department (508-324-2740 or 508-675-7411) must be contacted when a fire watch is needed.
- 8) A permit is needed through the Traffic Department (508-324-2123) for sidewalk use and/or closure, street use for a trash dumpster and/or meter rental permit.
- 9) Demolition Permit Fee made payable to the City of Fall River for $125.00.