RESIDENTIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
Remodel Residential 1 and 2 Family Construction
Click here for a printable checklist of requirements.
- Building Permit Application
- Copy of Variance (if applicable – check zoning by-laws and tables)
- (1) Set of Plans (11” X 17” paper copy) along with a copy of the plans in PDF Format on a CD-ROM for archiving
- Copy of Contractors License / Mass State Construction Supervisors License with a minimum (1G) endorsement and a valid Home Improvement Contractors Registration (homeowner may choose to take the permit solely in their name, if they intend to build the home themselves and reside there once complete).
- State Workers Compensation Affidavit
- Cost - ($0.19) Per Square Foot (to include Basement, Decks, Porches, Garages) for new buildings OR $9.00 per $1000.00 of the estimated job costs for renovations of existing buildings. To be calculated by the Building Inspector
- Stamped Truss Schedule and/or Specifications on any Laminated or Engineered building products (if applicable)